UBI errors when "ls -l"

Richard Weinberger richard at nod.at
Mon Dec 15 00:36:48 PST 2014

Hi!

Am 15.12.2014 um 04:30 schrieb Yan Kong:
> Hi Richard,
>
> The FAE tell me that now mtd driver doesn't support only write OOB area, but not write data area. So mtd_oobtest.

This sentence does not parse.

> But they are not sure if it is related to the UBI error. What do you think about it?

Fact is that mtd_read() returns less bytes than requested. This must not happen and is most
likely a driver issue.
I'd start investigating here.
Almost all "UBI issues" I inspect for customers turn out to be plain mtd driver bugs.

> Another thing is that, I tried to enable nandsim in my Kernel, but saw that "Sub-page size" and "OOB size" of nandsim partition are different from local mtd partition's.
> The parameter of nandsim are as follows, which is copied from boot up logs.
> Command of insmod nandsim is:
> modprobe nandsim first_id_byte=0x2c second_id_byte=0xac third_id_byte=0x90 fourth_id_byte=0x26
> Is the parameter I used wrong?

If the ID bytes are correct everything work fine.

Thanks,
//richard