Does UBI take into account factory supplied bad block information?

dbextern at gmx.de dbextern at gmx.de
Thu Sep 26 10:46:39 EDT 2013

Hello!

Reading the datasheet of our NAND flash MT29F4G08 I came across the information about factory supplied bad block information which is stored in the first two pages of each block. The manufacturer advices to use this information because it might not be reproducible in better than worst case conditions (which he applies in the end test).

My question ist now whether a ubiformat takes into account this information or not? If not I'd try to read that information myself beforehand and supply it to the ubiformat myself.

Thanks and best regards,
Sebastian