i.MX28 gpmi-nand underlying geometry

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Mon Mar 25 14:39:16 EDT 2013

On 3/25/2013 12:19 AM, Huang Shijie wrote:

> But it's easy to implement it. we can add the dynamic debug code for
> the gpmi. If you want to see the geometry infor, you can enable the
> dynamic debug, and enable it in the kernel cmdline.

Thanks much for the quick response and the offer of assistance. Would it
be possible to have the information programmatically available such that
kobs-ng (or some other application) could read/determine it itself
either via a sysfs node like the previous driver or some other method to
export the information to user space? A manually triggered debug log
would remove the need to boot an older kernel to determine the
information, but would still require a user to transcribe the
information from the log to kobs-ng. If the sysfs node or other export
mechanism was only available if a particular command line option was
supplied to the kernel to avoid contaminating the environments of people
not interested in such a feature that would be fine.

I assume someday Freescale will update their BSP kernel to a newer
version and run into this issue themselves :), so having this
information available programmatically in a current kernel will perhaps
make their lives easier someday ;).

Thanks again…