UBIFS io performance consistency issue

서기석[Seo Ki Seok] templer84 at kaonmedia.com
Thu Jun 13 22:18:42 EDT 2013

Dear UBIFS developers

Kernel version : 2.6.37-2.8
Nand : Micron MT29F32G08CBACA (4GB, MLC)

Hi, I am using ubifs for 4GB MLC nandflash and basic working is well done.
But some issue torture me. I untar large file sometimes. But there are
wide variations in untar speed.
I spend 5~15 min(in sync mode) for 150MB file to untar. even spend 25
min for same file.
Why is this happening?
Of course I read ubi and ubifs documentations.
(http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc)
And I read "Does UBIFS become slower when it is full?"
(http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/faq/ubifs.html#L_slow_when_full)
But my nandflash is not close to full. I have 1.5GB more available capacity.
I wonder that ubifs io performance is consistency or not.
Please help me some tips for in this case. I need to be consistency
for io operations.
Thanks for reading my short English.

Respectfully yours

The above message is intended solely for the named addressee and may contain trade secret and confidential information otherwise protected under applicable law.
Any unauthorized dissemination or use of the information contained in this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by email and delete this communication immediately.

The Future of SmartTV and Connected Home... KaonMedia Co. Ltd. www.kaonmedia.com<http://www.kaonmedia.com>