Implementing NAND driver on a PrimeCell SMC PL350 series

alessandro.maro at accenture.com alessandro.maro at accenture.com
Sun Jan 13 07:57:47 EST 2013

Inviato da iPhone

Il giorno 12/gen/2013, alle ore 12:25, "Ricard Wanderlof" <ricard.wanderlof at axis.com> ha scritto:

> On Sat, 12 Jan 2013, Daniel Tang wrote:
>
>> I didn't know high level functions could be overridden. Most of the drivers I looked through didn't override the 'nand_command' function for example, so I wasn't aware it was possible.
>
> A long time ago, the functions in nand_base.c were marked with things like "REPLACABLE" or somesuch to show that they could be replaced with user-defined functions.
>
> I guess you have to read through things like nand_scan_defaults() e.g.
>
>        /* check, if a user supplied command function given */
>        if (chip->cmdfunc == NULL)
>               chip->cmdfunc = nand_command;
>
> etc to get an idea of what to replace.
>
> Of course, if the existing driver framwork is not flexible enough for your needs, patches are always welcome.
>
>> As per your advice, I also read through some of the other NAND drivers. Although they didn't have anything similar to what I need, I have a good idea of where to head.
>
> Ok, good!
>
> /Ricard
> --
> Ricard Wolf Wanderlöf                           ricardw(at)axis.com
> Axis Communications AB, Lund, Sweden            www.axis.com
> Phone +46 46 272 2016                           Fax +46 46 13 61 30

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited.

Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.