ubinize.cfg for NAND with multi ubi devices and multi volume inside

Ricard Wanderlof ricard.wanderlof at axis.com
Wed Sep 26 07:09:29 EDT 2012

On Wed, 26 Sep 2012, MONDON Daniel wrote:

> I don't find how to generate my .cfg for the ubinize command.
> Perhaps impossible ?
>
> I'v got 1GB NAND with 4 UBI devices.
> I want to ubinize some volumes in some UBI devices.
>
> For example : (i've got ubi1_0 to ubi1_3 and ubi4_0 to ubi4_4)
> Ubi1_0 (80MiB)
> Ubi1_3 (300MiB)
> Ubi4_0 (30MiB)
> Ubi4_4 (30MiB)
>
> What have i to write in the .cfg file.
>
> With the result, i will use ubiupdatevol to write fs images.

Ubinize is not intended for use by ubiupdatevol, rather it is intended
when you need an image to write to raw flash, for instance during
production. With ubiupdatevol you simply supply the volume images that you
get from mkfs.ubifs (or the binary blobs if that's what you want to store
there).

Or do you mean that you already have data in your volumes, and you want to
create a file system image which you can then write to another device
using ubiupdatevol? In that case you would use mkfs.ubifs to create a file
system image from the file system.

/Ricard