Problem with verify-ing patch (error: arch/m68k/Kconfig.cpu: patch does not apply)

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 05:33:35 EDT 2012

2012/9/24 Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind1 at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, 2012-09-24 at 13:14 +0200, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
>> I wanted to verify my patch before sending it.
>>
>> TRY[0]:
>> > ./verify ../wireless-testing/ mips-bcm47xx_defconfig < ../nand4/0001-mtd-prepare-place-for-BCMA-NAND-flash-driver-s.patch
>> error: patch failed: arch/m68k/Kconfig.cpu:28
>> error: arch/m68k/Kconfig.cpu: patch does not apply
>>
>> Weird. My patch doesn't touch m68k and applies cleanly to the
>> ../wireless-testing tree:
>>
>> > cd ../wireless-testing/
>> > git am ../nand4/0001-mtd-prepare-place-for-BCMA-NAND-flash-driver-s.patch
>> Applying: mtd: prepare place for BCMA NAND flash driver(s)
>>
>> Help? :|
>
> It tries to apply quick fixes - I carry them because the kernel gets
> broken in various places all the time. So you need to fix the quick
> fixes patch - probably a fix was applied in upstream already.
>
> Obviously, quick fixes are in maintaining.git, not in the generic aiaiai
> tools. They are in 'quick_fixes.mbox'.
>
> In this case it easy - the m68k patch get merged upstream and just can
> be dropped from quick_fixes.mbox. Just done that and pushed out.

Thanks. Unfortunately I'm still having problems with verify/aiaiai :|

After your change I started verify again and it took 3 minutes to let
me know it needs mips-linux-gcc. I had to install it (OpenWRT is using
it's own toolchain).

Then I started again and after 3 minutes: lacking sparse

3 minutes later: lacking smatch

3 minutes later: lacking cppcheck

3 minutes later: lacking spatch

I'm not sure what's going to be next. I'm sure that things are obvious
for you, but beginner can really get irritated before he manages to
setup everything... ;/

--
Rafał