Unstable bits CEWG project

Ricard Wanderlof ricard.wanderlof at axis.com
Mon Oct 15 18:22:48 EDT 2012

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012, Ezequiel Garcia wrote:

> I'm considering to propose myself as a candidate for the CEWG funded
> "Unstable bits" project [1].
>
> I'd like to know if anyone has considered the posibility of adding
> power-cut emulation to nandsim driver; or if this is just a stupid idea.

I think the idea is good. My only doubts would be how well-defined the
'unstable bits' behavior in real chips is, in order to be able to model it
to the required accuracy (i.e. so that the resulting work in the software
will be viable in a real-life situation ) in nandsim. Although most likely
even with a fairly basic model quite an improvement could be made in the
way it is handled.

/Ricard