JFFS2 deadlock, kernel 3.4.11

Thomas.Betker at rohde-schwarz.com Thomas.Betker at rohde-schwarz.com
Fri Oct 12 04:40:26 EDT 2012

Hello Joakim,

there was a minor error in my original post:

> The GC thread hangs in lock_page(page), the write thread hangs in the
> first mutex_lock(&f->sem). The cause seems to be an AB-BA deadlock:

When retesting, I found that the write thread hangs in the _second_
mutex_lock(&f->sem), i.e., the one for jffs2_do_readpage_nolock(); looking
at my notes, I am pretty sure that this was also the case in the first
deadlocks.

Actually, it seems that the path with jffs2_reserve_space() is never taken
in the 'scp' tests. For testing the patch, I would like to make sure that
this path also works, but so far, I couldn't find a way to force jffs2 to
take it. I will have to dig a bit deeper for this ...

Best regards,
Thomas