output file cannot be in the UBIFS root directory check is not working quite well

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 02:01:54 EDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-10-10 at 18:55 +0400, kyak wrote:
> Thanks Artem, your patch
> (http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2012-October/044477.html)
> has fixed my problem as well.

Good!

> > Yes, it only needs to check if the output file is above the top level
> > of the input tree. But I guess it's not that easy - first things that come
> > into my mind are symbolic links and mount --bind.

This patch should take care of symbolic links - realpath should resolve
them. WRT bind-mounts - well, I consider this an unlikely case and it is
not a big deal if we do not detect this. mkfs.ubifs will fail somewhere
else, I guess, then.

But of course, I will not object if someone improves the check and
submits a patch.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy