Cortex A9 Ubifs Issues with SMP enable kernel <ubifs recovery needed>

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 10:38:37 EST 2012

On Thu, 2012-07-26 at 23:37 +0530, Darshan Nandanwar wrote:
> Artem/Brian,,
>  I am facing  the issue when try to mount rootfs which inside one of
> the ubi partition .Linux kernel 3.x is being used .All goes perfect
> when i use it uni-processor mode but  when i enable SMP , then  it
> cribs for *ubifs recovery needed*. Does it imply that partition got
> corrupted?  if it is , then why its not in the case of  non-smp kernel
> image?  did you guys happen to face such kind of issue?

The "recovery needed" message is there when you do not unmount the
file-system before reboot. The recovery is done automatically, and if it
mounts, it should be all-right.

> if any recovery is required ubifs has to do by itself..  isn't it? cpu
> goes dead  after popping up s *ubifs recovery needed* message .. but
> when i used nfs ,same  kernel image works fine..

I do not think your system dies because of UBIFS recovery. UBIFS is
SMP-safe and was hevily tested in multicore systems. This is some kind
of coincidence.

Run mtd tests to start with.

--
Best Regards,