Frequent Writes to NAND flash with UBIFS in sychronous mode

Ricard Wanderlof ricard.wanderlof at axis.com
Fri Nov 9 05:42:08 EST 2012

On Fri, 9 Nov 2012, Tech tech wrote:

> Hi Ricard,
>  Thanks for the reply. Yes. This observation is only with synchronous mode.
> Without '-sync' option, writes doesn't happen with reads.
> Can you explain a little more on the "cached writes" that you mentioned?

Sorry, thinking about it, that would be valid for the case without '-o
sync' where write operations do not happen right away but are buffered.
But in the synchronous case writes should be performed more or less
immediately.

> I will try to check the UBI scrub part & will update.

I was thinking along the lines of misconfigured hardware or software
believing that there were bit flips in the data and it needed to be
rewritten for that reason.

/Ricard