xway_nand does not build

John Crispin blogic at openwrt.org
Tue May 8 07:01:56 EDT 2012

On 08/05/12 13:00, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I get the following build error when building xway_nand.c:
>
> dedekind at blue:~/git/l2-mtd$ make ARCH=mips CROSS_COMPILE=mips-linux-
>   CHK     include/linux/version.h
>   CHK     include/generated/utsrelease.h
>   UPD     include/generated/utsrelease.h
>   CALL    scripts/checksyscalls.sh
>   CHK     include/generated/compile.h
>   CC      init/version.o
>   LD      init/built-in.o
>   CC      kernel/sys.o
>   LD      kernel/built-in.o
>   LD      drivers/mtd/nand/nand.o
>   CC      drivers/mtd/nand/xway_nand.o
> drivers/mtd/nand/xway_nand.c: In function 'xway_select_chip':
> drivers/mtd/nand/xway_nand.c:78:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'ltq_ebu_w32_mask' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
> cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
> make[3]: *** [drivers/mtd/nand/xway_nand.o] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [drivers/mtd/nand] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [drivers/mtd] Error 2
> make: *** [drivers] Error 2
>
> and I cannot figure out how to fix this. This build failure makes
> me really unhappy and shame on me I did not notice it before, of
> course. Would you have a fix?

Hi,

I should have spotted this myself infact. I split these patches out of a
huge series and did infact check that it builds outside the series.
looks like i missed a define. Would it be possible, that patch 4 of my
series flows via Ralfs MIPS tree ? That way we dont need to split out a
single "#define ltq_ebu_w32_mask" out of the bigger MIPS series ?

Sorry about this,
John