how to support 4096+224 page size with plat_nand ?

Brian Foster brian.foster at maxim-ic.com
Fri Mar 16 10:05:03 EDT 2012

Timothy,

 We have also used 4K + 224 NAND (not sure if the
 same part or not) with ‘plat_nand’ (and also with
 our own driver which uses our chip's ECC engine),
 in a v2.6.36-based Linux kernel.  (The kernel's
 version _may_ be important, since I _think_ some
 later kernels directly support 224 (and 218 and
 maybe 256) OOB sizes;  and/or correctly detecting
 the eraseblock size.)

 We didn't bother using the full 224-byts of OOB,
 but instaed are treating the device as having
 only 128-bytes of OOB.  Works fine, albeit we
 did have to add the part to the nand_flash_ids[]
 table since the eraseblock size wasn't correctly
 detected.

cheers!
	-blf-

--
Brian Foster
Principal MTS, Software        |  La Ciotat, France