UBIFS crash (was Re: Problems with mtd_oobtest)

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 09:18:39 EDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-03-14 at 13:55 +0100, Matej Kupljen wrote:
> What do you mean by that?
> Still boot it from MMC, but then mount the UBIFS on some different
> point and start testing?

I guess I meant to somehow make sure that UBIFS exclusively owns the mtd
device and no one or nothing accesses it.

But I really do not know - the issues you report do not look like UBIFS
issues - the data on the flash is corrupted somehow - dunno how. There
are billions hypothetical reasons. It may be that your DRAM has a
problem, or DMA, or whatever. You can try to disable various parts of SW
(drivers, user-space apps) and see if it helps, and may be somehow find
what triggers the issue.

> Which tests to do?

Well, you can try the ones you used, or the fsstress test from the LTP
project, or I'd recommend to try the integck test from mtd-utils.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy