[Q] ubi->beb_rsvd_pebs calculations

Shmulik Ladkani shmulik.ladkani at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 08:33:14 EDT 2012

Hi Artem,

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 13:53:47 +0300 Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-07-01 at 19:52 +0300, Shmulik Ladkani wrote:
> > What do you say?
> > Would you consider removing this "beb_rsvd_pebs reclaim" block?
>
> Yes, sounds like you are right.

Good. This mysterious "reclaim" in 'erase_worker' actually interferes
with my new scheme.

BTW removing it from 'erase_worker' means that every place in the code
(present and future) that produces available PEBs must always attempt
refilling 'beb_rsvd_pebs'.
Currently this is already done in volume remove and volume shrink.

> Also, with your new proposals all the
> "reclaim" blocks should go away at the end, right?

Well, yes, my intention is to remove the "beb_rsvd_pebs reclaim" done in
'erase_worker'.
However, the attempt refilling the 'beb_rsvd_pebs' after volume
remove/shrink will still exist.

I guess the picture is a bit vague ;)
Better the code talk.
I hope to submit the patch series in few days.

BTW dealing with all possible cases and corner cases is remarkebly
delicate. Prepare yourself for a "fun" review ;)

Regards,
Shmulik