JFFS2 oops when writing to two partitions simultaneously

Orjan Friberg of at flatfrog.com
Tue Jan 24 14:02:36 EST 2012

On 01/24/2012 06:15 PM, Orjan Friberg wrote:
> I'm going to check whether the oops is dependent on Linux + rootfs being
> on a JFFS2 partition or if it's just a matter of kernel version.

Slight mistake: the kernel is not in the root filesystem, and does not
reside in a JFFS2 partition.

Anyway, exposing the bug does not depend solely on whether the root file
system is one of the JFFS2 partitions being exercised in the test.
(Only tested in one direction: in a configuration where the bug does not
show up I moved the rootfs from the SD card to a JFFS2 partition on the
NAND.)

I'll be trying out various kernel versions next.  Hopefully I'll find
something isolated that can either be backported or at least convince me
that this is in fact a JFFS2 bug and support me switching over to UBIFS.

Thanks,
Orjan

--
Orjan Friberg