ubifs panic with 2.6.39 stable - followup

Brad Parker brad at heeltoe.com
Wed Jan 4 06:39:40 EST 2012

[sorry for the duplicate post; I tried to post a followup with just
  the url to the pastebin log but for some reason  it got stuck
  waiting for the moderator]

Running and older 2.6.31 kernel with UBIFS I see a panic which appears
to be during recovery of a bad block. The root fs (which is UBIFS)
won't mount and the kernel panics.

I upgraded the kernel 2.6.39-stable, hoping that would fix the problem,
as I noticed a lot of recovery fixes had gone in.  It still panics;
it appears the recovery fails.

I rebooted with "ignore_loglevel" and the output is here:

     http://pastebin.com/ETJjP4uw

The board is essentially an Olimex SAM9-L9260, with Samsung NAND.

I'm curious if this looks familiar and if it might be fixed post 2.5.39

thanks for any insight.

-brad

UBIFS: recovery needed
UBI error: ubi_io_read: error -74 (ECC error) while reading 126976 bytes
from PEB 2970:4096, read 126976 bytes
UBIFS error (pid 1): ubifs_check_node: bad CRC: calculated 0xf510fb95,
read 0x4f0a3196
UBIFS error (pid 1): ubifs_check_node: bad node at LEB 3589:45128
         magic          0x6101831
         crc            0x4f0a3196
         node_type      0 (inode node)
         group_type     2 (last of node group)
         sqnum          69874250
         len            160
         key            (23417, inode)
         creat_sqnum    230076
         size           608
         nlink          2
         atime          1306744746.0
         mtime          1316662493.0
         ctime          1316662493.0
         uid            0
         gid            0
         mode           16832
         flags          0x1
         xattr_cnt      2147483648
         xattr_size     0
         xattr_names    0
         compr_type     0x0
         data len       0
UBIFS error (pid 1): ubifs_recover_leb: bad node
UBIFS error (pid 1): ubifs_scanned_corruption: corruption at LEB 3589:45128
UBIFS error (pid 1): ubifs_scanned_corruption: first 8192 bytes from LEB
3589:45128
UBIFS error (pid 1): ubifs_recover_leb: LEB 3589 scanning failed