UBI/ubifs problem

Ricard Wanderlof ricard.wanderlof at axis.com
Fri Feb 17 05:13:28 EST 2012

Yesterday I reported a problem I had when flashing a ubifs volume.

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012, Ricard Wanderlof wrote:

> UBIFS error (pid 2965): validate_sb: bad superblock, error 8
> mount: Mounting ubi0:rwfs on /mnt/2 failed: Invalid argument

I think I've figured this out part way. I've been specifying a
--max-leb-count of 1000 to mkfs.ubifs, thinking that it basically just
sets a maximum size for the resulting file system. But it seems that it
also sets some sort of bounds for how much space it expects to take up in
the volume. If I reduce the --max-leb-count to the size of the target
volume, I get no errors and the file system mounts fine.

That being so, I think the resulting error message is odd, which indicates
there is a bug somewhere, probably in mkfs.ubifs ?

/Ricard