JFFS2 : non-existent inode

geraldwalden at comcast.net geraldwalden at comcast.net
Sun Feb 12 14:24:15 EST 2012

Hello:

Environment : Arm7 custom SBC, linux-2.6.26

On a select number of our units (in the field) we observe the message "requestied to read an nonexistent ino" after performing a write to the flash and then performing an "ls -al" of the file we just wrote.

I am trying to pick up on the below thread that looks promising - yet has no resolution to it:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2009-March/024836.html

Because I am encountering what looks to be the same problem as the above I am assuming I may be encountering the same problem.

Does anyone have any advice for me on how to pick up where the thread leaves off?  It seems to indicate that there was a real bug, or patch that might be necessary, yet after all this time (since the thread was active), I see no further references to the same - or a similar issue.

Am I to assume that a patch was created for this problem?  Is there something more I can add with respect to debug information / tracebacks / dumps / instrumentation to provide more information so I can bring this issue to the forefront again?

Thanks for providing me with any direction as to how I can bring this issue back up as an active issue.

Jerry