[RFC/PATCH v2] ubi: Add ubiblock read-write driver

Tim Bird tim.bird at am.sony.com
Wed Dec 12 14:50:11 EST 2012

On 12/12/2012 09:26 AM, Michael Opdenacker wrote:
> On 12/12/2012 05:35 PM, Ezequiel Garcia wrote:
>> On a second thought and considering this code is originally
>> copyrighted by Free Electrons,
>> I'd guess I need their permission to make a license change (right?).
>>
>> So considering Greg's comments, I'll leave it as it is and let Free
>> Electrons decide.
>
> OK for GPLv2 only. You have Free Electron's permission.
>
> Thanks for asking!

I'm not sure if this code is related to the UBI code that
Free Electrons worked on for CELF some time ago or not -- but
CELF's preference (and CE Workgroup's preference also)
for any code contributions to the kernel is GPLv2 only.

Just FYI.
 -- Tim

Tim Bird
Architecture Group Chair, CE Workgroup of the Linux Foundation
Senior Staff Engineer, Sony Network Entertainment