ARM: LPC32XX SLC ECC Handling

Roland Stigge stigge at antcom.de
Fri Aug 24 08:54:33 EDT 2012

Hi!

On 24/08/12 13:38, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:
>> the LPC32XX SLC controller has a ECC feature that covers only the
>> main data area, but not the OOB data.  Is it the responsibility
>> of the user to protect its OOB data via an ECC?  The LPC32XX MLC
>> controller on the other hand covers the complete OOB data with
>> its ECC.  How can a user determine if it has to protect its OOB
>> data?
>
> I guess it is good idea to CC the author of the drivers.

Thanks for CC'ing, would have missed it.

Yes, it's exactly as Sebastian described - only the MLC controller
covers OOB in ECC.

At this point, I need to give back the question to the MTD
maintainers: Is there an API how we can help users at this point? I
would be happy to implement it.

Thanks,

Roland