Exposing NAND chip information

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 10:12:25 EDT 2012

On Sun, 2012-04-22 at 23:40 +0000, Tom Isaacson wrote:
> The documentation for sysfs (http://lxr.linux.no/linux
> +v3.3.2/Documentation/filesystems/sysfs.txt) says:
> "Attributes should be ASCII text files, preferably with only one value
> per file. It is noted that it may not be efficient to contain only one
> value per file, so it is socially acceptable to express an array of
> values of the same type."
> So if we want to combine we should do it the first way - both IDs in
> one file, both strings in another:
>   id - Manufacturer and Chip ID (tab separated)
>   name - Manufacturer and Chip name (tab separated)

I think that would not make sense to combine ids and names. I think that
is a general recommendation which should be go through the common sense
filter. E.g., there are many "dev" attributes in "major:minor" format.
Or look at the 'uevent' attributes contents. Or "resource" pci
subsystems' files.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy