Query mtd-utils v1.4.9 : flash_erase.c

Kushwaha Prabhakar-B32579 B32579 at freescale.com
Thu Apr 5 05:21:22 EDT 2012

Hi,

 I checked latest mtd-utils ver 1.4.9 for file flash_erase.c.

It usage MEMGETOOBSEL ioctl to get OOB information from the driver. But this ioctl may returns error for big NAND chips.
The reason of failure would be the following condition at linux/driver/mtd/mtdchar.c
 if (mtd->ecclayout->eccbytes > ARRAY_SIZE(oi.eccpos))

MEMGETOOBSEL has been obsolete. then Why mtd-utils still using it.

Also, I don't think flash_erase.c supports MTD_OOB_AUTO. Although its support is already part of Linux kernel.

Regards,
Prabhakar