Using GPMI-NAND driver on iMX28 using 3.4-rc1?

Sam Gandhi samgandhi9 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 02:05:56 EDT 2012

Has anybody out there been successful in running the new GPMI-NAND
driver when running 3.4-rc1 kernel on any kind of MX28 hardware?

We have enabled options

CONFIG_SOC_IMX28=y
CONFIG_MTD_NAND_GPMI_NAND=y
CONFIG_MXS_DMA=y

When booting kernel with initcall_debug we never see that
gpmi_nand_probe() function is never getting called.

We have tried booting board with kernel parameters
mtdparts=gpmi-nand:10(m),-(user)  or
mtdparts=imx28-gpmi-nand:10(m),-(user)  without any luck.

I have gone through the MTD  mailinglist log, and I didn't find
details on how this GPMI-NAND driver was actually tested on hardware.

Would appreciate the help.

-Sam