logfs: max 4K writepage size

Jörn Engel joern at logfs.org
Wed Sep 7 15:17:41 EDT 2011

On Wed, 7 September 2011 23:00:30 +0530, srimugunthan dhandapani wrote:

> I was able to do  basic mount-copy-unmount once.
>  Let me test more with multiple mount unmount cycles and see if there
> are problems.

I'm always happy when I can fix bugs.  Though not always happy to
discover that the d*ckhead who created them was me.

> I think we have to give mklogfs /dev/mtdblock0 instead of /dev/mtd0

You can use mtd0 instead of /dev/mtd0, similar to jffs2.  Any /dev/foo
gets interpreted by some common code in the kernel.  As it's not a
block device, mount fails.  mtd0 doesn't start with /dev/, so it must
be special somehow and gets passed to the filesystem.  Jffs2 and logfs
are can then do something with this string.

And yes, this sounds really stupid.  Having /dev/mtd0 do the right
thing would certainly be less confusing than the current state.

> I updated wikipedia with steps to use logfs
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LogFS

Cool!  Thanks!

Jörn

--
Schrödinger's cat is <BLINK>not</BLINK> dead.
-- Illiad