ubifs not working with 3.1 kernel and MT29F2G08ABAEAWP NAND Flash.

Kumar, Goutam goutam.kumar at ti.com
Wed Oct 19 10:28:17 EDT 2011

Hi Everyone,

I am working 3.1 Kernel with mtd-utils version of 1.4. Since UBIFS mount is not working.

There is MT29F2G08ABAEAWP (256MB, 8-bit) NAND device on TI EVM.

I have booted 3.1 Kernel with Linux root file system and it support UBI utilities.
I have tried basic UBI utilities first time as follows and it works fine.
ubiformat /dev/mtd4
ubiattach /dev/ubi_ctrl -m 4
ubimkvol /dev/ubi0 -N rootfs -s 192MiB
mount -t ubifs ubi0:rootfs /mnt/ubi
ls /mnt/ubi
umount /mnt/ubi
ubirmvol /dev/ubi0 -n 0
ubidetach -m 4
But when I am going to do ubiattach second time and it throw many errors.
ubiattach /dev/ubi_ctrl -m 4

Please find the attached error log. Please guide me to root cause this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Goutam