UBIFS recovery fails

Ivan Djelic ivan.djelic at parrot.com
Tue Oct 18 04:29:55 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 09:17:48PM +0100, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:

> If someone wants to see UBIFS 100% or near 100% power-cut safe on
> MLC or one of shitty modern SLCs - he needs to invest men-hours.
> I can help by suggesting and reviewing. Although the funny thing is
> that eMMCs die and lose data in case of power cuts very often :-)

Hi Artem,

That's interesting... Do you have more details or any data on those eMMC
power-cut failures ?

I plan to be working soon (December) on UBIFS robustness issues with unstable
modern SLCs; besides using nandsim to simulate SLC (and maybe MLC) issues,
I also have real hardware with a power-cutting framework ready for testing.

Best Regards,
--
Ivan