erase block < 8KiB

angelo angelo70 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 05:34:23 EDT 2011

Hi Artem,
i already managed my issue, this flash and jffs2 works perfect with a
64KB sector. There should be in the archive my patch posted.

CFI driver actually do an operation called "fixup". It detect this
flash, and know that this flash has 2 sector sizes, 4KB and 64KB.
The fixup chose the 4KB as erasesize, so excluding the jffs2 usage.

The patch to mkfs.jffs2 tool to allow the usage of 4KB erasesize works,
but is not safe.
If 4KB was not allowed, there was a reason.

So i also tried to use some other FS, like logfs or UBIFS. But i
couldn't easily port all the tools needed since i am in a "Coldfire"
architecture and using uClinux for coldfire.
So i decided to patch the erasesize to 64KB.

At the end, who is interested can use it, the patch is very simple and
is available searching the archive.

Regards.
angelo