Problem with JFFS2 mount

-= KuK =- kuk at data.pl
Sat Oct 1 10:55:04 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have problem with creating image file from mounted jffs2 file system.

I have 1:1 dump from 1GB NAND which is UBI format.
But it contains JFFS part also.
This part can be downloaded from my server.
www.pouchx.com/PRV/HDS/K9G8G08U0M_Samsung_1GB_NAND_Config.ini_block_JFFS.rar

Archive contains two files. One is original JFFS copy, second is same
file but I deleted ECC blocks.

I mount jffs image (noECC) with this script:

$ sudo apt-get install mtd-tools
$ sudo modprobe -v mtd
$ sudo modprobe -v jffs2
$ sudo modprobe -v mtdram total_size=8192 erase_size=256
$ sudo modprobe -v mtdchar
$ sudo modprobe -v mtdblock
$ sudo dd if=/HDS/Config.img of=/dev/mtd0
$ sudo mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock0 /HDS/JFFS

After that I can see all 3 files that are in jffs image:
can_unique_id
Config.ini
MAC

I make no changes to these files.

That I want to make new image from mounted device.

I use this command:
$ sudo mkfs.jffs2 -r /HDS/JFFS -o /HDS/newimage.jffs2 -e 256 -l

Output file is only 696bytes.
www.pouchx.com/PRV/HDS/newconfig2.zip

Can anyone help me with this.
How can I get same image as original one?

In the future I want to edit Config.ini but now I just want to test that
I will be able to create correct and working image.

Jakub