jffs2 not working on SST39VF2301

angelo angelo70 at gmail.com
Wed May 4 19:06:22 EDT 2011

Hi all,

i am posting from some days for some mysterious issues using jffs2.

After mounting a mkfs.jffs2 created image, i am getting several
different warnings, bad CRC, bad totlen, I/O errors etc etc ..

I finally find out an old post to this list:

http://answerpot.com/showthread.php?1156495-mkfs.jffs2%3A+JFFS2+and+minimal+erase+block+size

Issue seems to be that mkfs.jffs2 don't allows 4KB erase size, as the
flash chip have, and don't work reliable if the erase size don't match
the mtd-detected erase size.

So i think if i have no chance to use jffs2 fs properly with this flash
chip.
Since the issue is known, is there any official/unofficial patch around ?
Could UBIFS work with 4KiB erase size ?

many thanks,
angelo