UBIFS defaults?

Jon Povey Jon.Povey at racelogic.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 03:48:46 EST 2011

linux-mtd-bounces at lists.infradead.org wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-03-09 at 15:01 +0200, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> currently, UBIFS checks data CRC on read by default, i.e., the
>> 'chk_data_crc' mount option is the default one. This makes people who
>> apply benchmarks less happy, because they just use the defaults.
>>
>> Should we make the 'no_chk_data_crc' mount option to be the default
>> instead? The rationale is that people who do care to read the
>> documentation can switch to 'chk_data_crc' if they need, and people
>> who do quick UBIFS evaluation will end up with faster read speed by
>> default.
>>
>> See this section for more information about the 'no_chk_data_crc'
>> mount option:
> http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc/ubifs.html#L_checksumming
>>
>> Would be nice to hear UBIFS users' opinion.
>
> I'm  going to change the default if no one objects.

It sounds OK to me (for my uses), but:

It sounds important, I think you should wait more than 24h for comments.

--
Jon Povey
jon.povey at racelogic.co.uk

Racelogic is a limited company registered in England. Registered number 2743719 .
Registered Office Unit 10, Swan Business Centre, Osier Way, Buckingham, Bucks, MK18 1TB .

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended by Racelogic Ltd for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is directed and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email so that the sender's address records can be corrected. The views expressed by the sender of this communication do not necessarily represent those of Racelogic Ltd. Please note that Racelogic reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications passing through its network