[Ubifs] Reboot -> "recovery needed"?

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 07:38:04 EDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 13:25 +0200, Gilles wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:22:38 +0300, Artem Bityutskiy
> <dedekind1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can edit the source code to
> >> "reboot" to unmount the root filesystem, or replace "reboot" with
> >> another application or script.
> >
> >I think it may be enough to re-mount read-only, and probably it is
> >impossible to unmount in many cases. But I am not 100% sure.
>
> So I could rename "reboot" something else, then write a shell script
> named "reboot" that will first remount the Ubifs partition ro, and
> then call the real "reboot"?

I think it is not that simple - if there is any file open for writing -
remount will fail with EBUSY. So you'd first need to shut down apps,
then do that. You should probably refer standard boot scripts to see
what they do.

On the other hand, as long as your reboot command runs sync, it is
harmless to not unmount UBIFS.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy