ubi image only mounts once

Matthew L. Creech mlcreech at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 12:13:21 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Douglass, Woody
<Woodrow.Douglass at qinetiq-na.com> wrote:
> Matt,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried both ubiformat (passing -f with
> my image) and nandwrite, both seem to behave the same way. The
> filesystem mounts once, but when I reboot, it doesn't ever mount again.

OK, if you tried using ubiformat and got the same error, then it's not
the problem I mentioned.

> I cannot upgrade my kernel as my development schedule is too aggressive;
> I don't have time. I'm using 2.6.32 for now; if I fail at getting UBI to
> work, I can fall back on jffs2, which works, but I prefer UBIFS.

That's fine, an upgrade should only be necessary to add support for
the fixup flag, which you don't need if you use ubiformat.

So it looks like it's something else (maybe platform-specific?), sorry.

--
Matthew L. Creech