-EBADMSG with free-space-fixup flag

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 03:54:54 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 17:47 -0400, Ben Gardiner wrote:
> Hi Matthew, Artem,
>
> Following-up on my problems with the free-space-fixup no da850evm.
>
> I have done lots of manual testing with u-boot and mtd-utils on-top-of
> 'c724452 UBIFS: switch to dynamic printks' to confirm that there isn't
> an 0xff ECC problem with davinci-nand.
>
> I found that by the time the -74 is returned for PEB 18, the contents
> on NAND have been replaced.
>
> I turned on lots of UBIFS debugging and saw that the PEB in question
> is in fact LEB 1; which is geting written to as part of the
> auto-resize of (master)

OK, so we missed the fact that we may have auto-resize before the
fix-up.

> NB: I have ubi attached with --vid-hdr-offset of 2048 because of the
> subpage writing limitations of davinci-nand.

Which means your driver may be incorrect - it should report that it does
not support sub-pages - does it do this? Then UBI will not even try to
use sub-pages and you won't need that option.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Артём Битюцкий)