ubifs: sync() causes writes even if nothing is changed

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 16:52:16 EST 2011

[Removed Hans J. Koch from CC as his mailbox is unreachable]

On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 10:19 +0200, Adrian Hunter wrote:
> Possibly the LPT should be checked also.  Perhaps it can be dirty due
> to trivial garbage collection.

Yes, AFAIU we can GC from budgeting, end up with trivial gc which will
make dirt in LTP but not in TNC. So you are right.

But there is another "trival GC" inside lprops subsystem, but I think we
should not worry about it.

> Also, have you checked there are no degenerate cases where the commit
> is required for some other reason such as consolidating the log or the
> recovery  commit?

I do not really see how could recovery be needed if nothing is made
dirty in TNC, but due to complexity of that stuff it is safer to do the
commit if we are mounting or remounting rw, because there may be such
situations.

I'll send new patches shortly, thank you!

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)