UBIFS reboots issue

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 03:32:57 EST 2011

On Tue, 2010-12-28 at 17:47 +0200, Boaz Ben-David wrote:
> I'm sorry for changing the thread subject in the previous mail..
>
> I guess it sums up to one main question (and I would be very greatful if
> someone could answer):
>
> 	Overall, for use on MLC NAND, is UBIFS or JFFS2 more suitable?

None, because no one with clue analyzed them WRT MLC-specific aspects.
And no-one seriously stress-tested them on MLC, at least no-one sent any
public report about this. UBIFS may appear to work, but then fail
horribly when you have an unclean power cut.

So again, you cannot use UBIFS as-is on MLC and sleep well. You need to
spend time and test/analyze them.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)