Numonyx NOR and chip->mutex bug?

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at transmode.se
Fri Feb 11 12:00:39 EST 2011

Anders Grafström <grfstrm at users.sourceforge.net> wrote on 2011/02/10 18:54:31:

> On 2011-02-10 17:43, Michael Cashwell wrote:
> > On Feb 10, 2011, at 10:59 AM, Michael Cashwell wrote:
> > Troublesome 65nm parts:
> > run 1:
> > NOR Flash: block erase suspended and resumed 29 times.
> > buffered write fails.
>
> Buffered write fails with SR[4] set?
>
> Have you configured with CONFIG_MTD_UBI_DEBUG_PARANOID
> so that UBI does the all 0xff check after erase?
>
> I'm wondering if the blocks being written to are in a properly erased state.

Looking at the write buffer flow chart for Numonyx I noted that it
specifies that while waiting for the write buffer one have to retry the
WB cmd each time, a la:

	for (;;) {
		map_write(map, CMD(0xe8), cmd_adr);
		status = map_read(map, cmd_adr);
		if (map_word_andequal(map, status, CMD(0x80), CMD(0x80)))
			break;
		if (timeout) abort write
	}

What does other specs say?