logfs unmount bug

Jörn Engel joern at logfs.org
Wed Aug 31 10:17:31 EDT 2011

On Wed, 31 August 2011 18:19:30 +0530, srimugunthan dhandapani wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Jörn Engel <joern at logfs.org> wrote:
>
> > Can you set LOGFS_DEBUG to 0, both to cut down the noise and in the
> > hope that the log output doesn't get corrupted like this again?
>
> It doesn't crash, so nothing much is printed in kern.log if LOGFS_DEBUG=0.

Ok.  So for those of us who are a bit slow (me), you say that you
cannot reproduce the bug with LOGFS_DEBUG=0.  In order to reproduce
it, you have to set LOGFS_DEBUG=LOGFS_DEBUG_ALL or some such.  Is that
right?

> I produced the log with LOGFS_DEBUG=0xDFF, (without LOGFS_DEBUG_ALIASES)
> Its a 60MB log file "kern_LOGFS_DEBUG=0xDFF.log" shared in the following link:
>
> https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BycgLWCW61phNjY0ZDg4ZjUtYzAyMy00YTgwLWFlMmItNjlmZWIzMWFlNGUy&hl=en_US

LOGFS_DEBUG=0xDFF is equivalent to LOGFS_DEBUG=LOGFS_DEBUG_ALL - the
unset bits aren't used anyway.  Which leaves me utterly confused.
Were you unable to reproduce, but you sent me the log anyway?

Jörn

--
The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to
love, and something to hope for.