[BUG] mtd-utils: nandwrite: invalid erase after page write failure

Brian Norris computersforpeace at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 13:22:20 EDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 10:02 AM, Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-08-11 at 16:30 +0100, Fryar, Jeff wrote:
>> mtd-utils nandwrite.c: After a page write failure, the calculation
>> of the block number to erase is incorrect.  The erase block size is
>> being passed as the erase block number in the call to mtd_erase().
>
> Looks like correct fix, thanks! Your patch is not very well formatted,
> but I've amended it and applied to mtd-utils, thanks!

Oops, my bad on the bug. I didn't ever get around to using this
feature when I updated nandwrite a while back. Thanks for catching it.

BTW, are you going to rebase or merge the v1.4.6 tag into the master
development branch? Just curious, since they forked when you did that
last tag (this never happens!), and I sent another series of mtd-utils
fixes...I assume I should still base off of master, right?

Brian