I don't understand how the counter for erasures is being maintained during erase failures

Atlant Schmidt aschmidt at dekaresearch.com
Thu Apr 14 06:58:49 EDT 2011

Artem:

  Thanks!

       Atlant

-----Original Message-----
From: Artem Bityutskiy [mailto:dedekind1 at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2011 06:55
To: Atlant Schmidt
Cc: 'linux-mtd at lists.infradead.org'
Subject: RE: I don't understand how the counter for erasures is being maintained during erase failures

On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 06:53 -0400, Atlant Schmidt wrote:
> But the question I'll start-off with is: What specific
> step(s) is/are necessary to cause UBI to permanently
> consider this a bad block?

When you fail to erase it or when torture test fails, AFAIR. Just find
all callers of 'ubi_io_mark_bad()'.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Артём Битюцкий)

This e-mail and the information, including any attachments, it contains are intended to be a confidential communication only to the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender and destroy the original message.

Thank you.