Numonyx NOR bug

Markus Niebel list-09_linux_mtd at tqsc.de
Wed Apr 13 02:26:41 EDT 2011

Hello Leo,

can you isolate the problem? I mean, can it happen all time when you
erase or only if there is an erase suspend? As far as I know these chips
have a timout after erase / erase resume before erase suspend is
accepted. If this timeout is not noticed, the erase may fail.

It would be better for file system performance to use this timeout
before waiting using the INVALIDATE_CACHE_UDELAY macro.

just another question: Does the error happen on SLC or on MLC or on both
kind of devices? (The smaller ones are SLC the larger MLC).

There is an AppNote from Numonyx ("Patching the Linux Kernel for Micron
Axcell™ M29 Flash Memory").

Markus