After writing successfully a NAND block is this reliable ar reading as a NOR sector?

Ardelean, Andrei Andrei.Ardelean at idt.com
Mon Apr 11 09:25:05 EDT 2011

Hi,

Am interested in using MT29F2G08AABWP NAND Flash memory for a new
embedded design and I couldn't find a clear specification regarding how
reliable is the NAND flash vs. NOR for reading operation.

If I program successfully a NAND block, read back and verify
successfully the information and never erase or program that particular
block again, can I assume that block will remain a good block and the
information written there is safe for READING, roughly as safe as a NOR
sector?

Is it any reason to keep in NAND copies of Kernel, bootloader or RFS? Is
it a standard practice in the industry to keep copies in NAND even
though we do not erase/program those during the normal operation?

Thank you,
Andrei