[Help] SST39VF6401B Support

Flávio Silveira fggs at terra.com.br
Thu Sep 23 10:56:38 EDT 2010

Hi Yegor,

I think I might found something:

In cfi_probe.c, starting at line 222, there are these lines:

cfi_send_gen_cmd(0xaa, addr_unlock1, base, map, cfi, cfi->device_type,
NULL);
cfi_send_gen_cmd(0x55, addr_unlock2, base, map, cfi, cfi->device_type,
NULL);
cfi_send_gen_cmd(0x90, addr_unlock1, base, map, cfi, cfi->device_type,
NULL);

Which seems the correct way to CFI query the chip, but the last line is
0x90.
Datasheet states that 0x90 is Software ID and CFI Query Entry is 0x98

Could that be the problem?

Regards,

Flavio