Preventing FS full

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Oct 28 10:39:08 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-28 at 16:24 +0200, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> Is there any way to temporarily lower the FS full limit(preferably on
> a process basis) on JFFS2?
>
> I want to safeguard the OS from FS full due to some process filling up
> the disk.

The thresholds are in the resv_blocks_* variables and should be
relatively easy to tweak. I've toyed with the idea of exposing them in
sysfs. Tweaking them on a per-process basis is slightly less trivial but
shouldn't be that hard... you could add a certain number if the process
has CAP_SYS_RESOURCE or something.

Although it should *never* be possible to actually fill the space.

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation