Expanding UBI fs to maxavailable size

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 07:19:54 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 01:17 -0700, Karsten Jeppesen wrote:
> Hi Artem,
>
> This is Karsten Jeppesen, just using an out-of-the-house account,
> and thanks for your very quick reply.

UBI and UBIFS always print something, refer:
http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc/ubifs.html#L_how_send_bugreport
item 3.

Anyway, AFAICS, UBI auto-resize the UBI volume correctly, because of
this:

> ubi0
> Volumes count:                           1
> Logical eraseblock size:                 130944 bytes, 127.9 KiB
> Total amount of logical eraseblocks:     486 (63638784 bytes, 60.7 MiB)

I re-sized.

However, UBIFS file-system did not re-size, because you specified too
small maximum UBIFS LEB count: --max-leb-cnt=232

Try --max-leb-cnt=511 and it should work. Take a look here:
http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/faq/ubifs.html#L_max_leb_cnt

I agree this all stuff is not as user-friendly as it could, but you have
a good chance to make it user-friendlier by contributing docs or code.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Артём Битюцкий)