Suggested patch: reset errno after isatty()

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 09:12:39 EST 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-24 at 10:59 +0100, Ketil Froyn wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 8:50 AM, Mike Frysinger <vapier.adi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 06:13, Ketil Froyn wrote:
> >
> > so you'll want to dive into the ioctls to see what isnt working right.
> >  strace is your friend.
>
> Thanks for the kick. I had tried that, but for some reason strace was
> dying with the error "syscall: unknown syscall trap 0xe8bd8008". A
> little more searching now led me to this patch, which fixed it for me:
>
> http://www.fluff.org/ben/patches/strace/strace-fix-arm-bad-syscall.patch
>
> Anyway, here's the full output:

So it dies very soon. You should easily find the line of code where this
happens with gdb. Just compile nanddump with -g -O0

But I guess we are calling some new ioctl on the system which does not
support it, and do not fall-back to the new ioctl. We tried to be
careful about this, though.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Артём Битюцкий)