ubi deadlock on .36+

Grazvydas Ignotas notasas at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 09:23:34 EST 2010

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> While trying to figure out what is happening in your system, I realized
> one possible scenario which may confuse UBI. I've added a patch below.
> This probably won't fix your issue (but you could try), I need more time
> to think about what was happening. But a log with all messages (not only
> I/O) would help. Thanks.

Well I think I already know what's wrong with my driver - it has
subpage reads broken. So UBI tries to read a subpage, driver fails
there, then it runs a torture test on full PEB that passes (because
page reads work right), marks that PEB as good and retries the subpage
read that fails again, and the story repeats. Does that sound like
reasonable scenario, or do you still want more debugging logs?