ubi deadlock on .36+

Grazvydas Ignotas notasas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 17:30:02 EDT 2010

Hi,

there seems to be some issue with NAND on my OMAP3 board that causes
CRC errors on 2.6.36 and 2.6.37-rc1. Those seem to be triggering a bug
in UBI that makes it loop forever (or very long) printing this:

uncorrectable error :
UBI error: ubi_io_read: error -74 (ECC error) while reading 512 bytes
from PEB 0:512, read 512 bytes
uncorrectable error :
UBI error: ubi_io_read: error -74 (ECC error) while reading 512 bytes
from PEB 68:512, read 512 bytes
UBI: run torture test for PEB 68
UBI: PEB 68 passed torture test, do not mark it a bad

here is full log of one minute session, after which I killed power:
http://notaz.gp2x.de/misc/pnd/logs/linux_20101103_ubi_lockup

Gražvydas