Updating kernel after 5 year gap!!

Robin Gilks robin.gilks at taitradio.com
Tue Jun 22 19:51:15 EDT 2010

Oh dear - I'm going to get some stick from the list for this one...

I've just come back to a project after a gap of 5 years and wish to
update it from 2.4.22 to 2.4.37.9 (latest 2.4) but the functionality
contained in maps/physmap seems to have moved on somewhat. How do I
invoke the cmdlineparts parser these days - there used to be a
part_probes array that defined what probes to do but I can't work out
where that functionality has gone.

Also, the chips/cfi_cmdset_0001 used to have a fixup list for those
chips that didn't quite comply with the CFI spec - eg. the ST chip I'm
using doesn't support block write correctly. Has this gone entirely or
has it moved to the platform stuff like a lot of other things did in 2.6

Some pointers to sample code would be the best pointer by far (being a
master of the cut-n-paste) but just telling me would work as well :-)

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks
Senior Design Engineer